Thursday, June 16, 2011

I jumped on the "blog"wagon!

Recently, several people I know have started a "blog."  I'll be honest, years ago when I heard the word I thought it silly and didn't really understand it.  Now, following the lead of some very intelligent and wonderful women, I've changed my mind.  After all, I love to talk, have lots to say, so here I am! 
I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll start with this:  this is a work in progress.  I want to share my heart, my musings, and my insight.  Not all of it will be interesting or fun or understood I'm sure. I'm also reasonably sure that what I will write may not always be well received or rejoiced over.  So, I'm going to allow myself to be vulnerable, not something I'm particularly fond of doing but, I think its necessary. I will gladly hear your comments and any criticism or praise you may have for me!  Side notes:  my spelling is awful, my grammar sucks, but I'm trying here people... stay with me, it will improve! I'm not sure how often I'll post, at least one time a week though!
I've always felt compelled to write.  I have threatened for several years now to write a book... so, maybe this is that beginning!
So, a little about myself.  I am the oldest of two, the middle of three, and the only child.  My family, as you can see is varied and somewhat "crazy."  My parents divorced when I was young and both have remarried since then to wonderful people (here's a shout out to my step-mom Kathy and my step-dad Duane!) My grandmother, Gloria, raised me.  I'm sure there will probably be many entries about her and what I learned!  My aunt and uncle also had a huge hand in raising me (adopted me when I was 18- surely there will be blogs about the lessons learned from this too!)
I graduated from college, have a masters degree and love what I do (it's a secret- no judgement please=).  I'm married to an amazing man who loves the Lord.  We have two amazing children (8 year old son and 5 year old daughter).  I have amazing friends and a complicated family.  I'm human, I sometimes doubt myself, question why things happen, and get angry.  All the while, my love for God never waivers. 
So, entry number one, my heart didn't fail, I've not had a panic attack, I've not cried... maybe this won't be so bad, could even be fun and relaxing I think!  I pray you are blessed and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment